got a wobble....need help figuring out what it is....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jshawag12

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
alright started about 2 days ago...when i am driving...and you really cant feel it till you get about 45 or 50 since my shocks are shot....you can feel it in the steering wheel but it feels like the driver side tire is wobbling....what could cause this? ball joints? unbalanced tire? i havent checked the pressure in the tires but its not like a flat tire feeling wobble...TIA:hmm:

92 chev

Reaction score
try flipping the bad front tire with the back tire and drive it. see if it makes a change.if it does then you probably got a broken belt on the tire. lots of tires ive seen through the years get that way. more than likely from pot holes in the road etc. out of balance tires will vibrate/rough at a higher speed rather than a wobble. bad shocks will let the tire bounce and not keep it tight to the road. my bet is on the bad tire 1st then go to the shocks

jshawag12

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok so its not really a feeling in teh steering wheel...i can feel it in the floorboard under my feet....feels like something banging against it but of course there is not anything....if that makes sense...could it be wrong with something on the front end...i'm just an amateur so i dont know all the parts to the front end...since my shocks are so bad(like gone) could that put extra weight on the tires?

94 Silverado

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
No it won't really put any more weight on the tires. The shocks don't hold the vehicle up. They just dampen the bumps. You could jack up each front tire and see if you have any play from side to side, back and forth, etc. It could be a wheel bearing going bad.

jshawag12

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
alright so 92CHEV...you were right...i got a bad tire....dont know exactly what it was as this is all the mechanic said at the time...said i should be able to get a new tire from firestone under warranty....but i'm getting some new KYB monomax's all around and new ball joints and pitman arms

Last edited: