Good quality arm rests?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

24 Karat Brown

Completely Broke
Reaction score
Where can I find good arm rests? Mine are super loose and floppy, I can’t seem to tighten them or anything. I’ll have to find some in the right color too if possible
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can buy replacement door panels from LMC truck that are made for the purpose although yours don't look all that bad. I would take one apart and see what needed gluing with a high quality contact cement or construction adhesive. @sewlow could likely give some good advice on how they come apart and what needs to be done. It could be that the screws that hold the armrest to the door are loose or missing. Replacement with slightly larger sheet metal screws would likely fix the loose and flopping armrests.

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
My 90 door panels are a little different but they have plastic tabs on the arms rests and have the metal speed nuts. Usually the plastic tabs break on those

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In an area where nothing shows, a small HF plastic welder can work wonders by sealing cracks and melting in some extra plastic to drill through . I have found several uses for that device (no I have no stock) in fixing tabs like that. Also plastic trim scraps dissolved in Acetone make a good glue that will sometimes work for repairs. Stuff breaks on these trucks, especially plastic, so you have to get outside the box sometime for repairs.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In an area where nothing shows, a small HF plastic welder can work wonders by sealing cracks and melting in some extra plastic to drill through . I have found several uses for that device (no I have no stock) in fixing tabs like that. Also plastic trim scraps dissolved in Acetone make a good glue that will sometimes work for repairs. Stuff breaks on these trucks, especially plastic, so you have to get outside the box sometime for repairs.

Those plastic welding kits really are useful, especially where looks aren’t too important.

This guy has a good video showing some mockups...

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You don't need one of those kits. I use a soldering iron and some cut up strips of the same type of plastic for filler. Works great.

Those look like 88-90 door panels. So far I've only found new arm rests at $60 each. For that much money I'll try making some new armrests out of 18 gauge and wrap 'em in vinyl. Just so you know, the R1500 armrests (only $30 each) don't fit.

24 Karat Brown

Completely Broke
Reaction score
You don't need one of those kits. I use a soldering iron and some cut up strips of the same type of plastic for filler. Works great.

Those look like 88-90 door panels. So far I've only found new arm rests at $60 each. For that much money I'll try making some new armrests out of 18 gauge and wrap 'em in vinyl. Just so you know, the R1500 armrests (only $30 each) don't fit.

I think what ill do is clean them up and make some sort of metal plate that holds them in more securely than just the two screws do.