Good Detail Job around Pensacola or close FL areas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I'm down here in Florida and the truck needs a good detail, wash wax buffing etc, well i dont have any cleaning supplies with me so i thought id ask any of the surrounding people.

Any good detail shops around here?

Any to stay away from?

DCorvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not from there, but I used to detail rides and I was damn good at it.
If you want some easy, do it yourself stuff when you get home, here's a few tricks I picked up:

First off, don't do anything on dry paint.
De-grease the outta stuff, WITH water on the paint, wheels...etc. Since you don't have access to alot of the better chemicals this will help alot.
Rinse your tires, degrease them, take soap and a brush and scrub the piss outta them. Hose 'em off. This cleans your tire REALLY well, you might not even need tire shine.
If you put it on paint, make sure there is water first. Spray it on there, mist it with water, soap it up and then start hosing it off. Gets bugs off easy as hell, gets all kinds of grime you can't see...etc. Make sure, 100% you get it off there though.

Glass cleaner. This you can use on literally everything. Get an AEROSOL can of Stoner Invisi-Glass from wal-mart. That nozzle crap isn't no where near as good. You can use it to get bugs off, it cleans chrome better than anything you've ever seen. Cleans black paint awesomely as well.

Don't use a brush on anything dark. It'll leave little scratches all over your paint.
As for wax, I always liked Car Brite Wipe n Shine. But that's from a detailer product company. Try meguars. I personally like spray on wax for an easy wax and the hand wax to make it shine even better. The spray wax you can literally spray into a mist from the water hose, all over your ride and just wash off. Works just as good.

I typically use Car Brite when I clean stuff. Google Pugh Lubricants. You might be able to order some of their stuff.

Oh and use a squeegee from walmart. Get all the water off your ride before you use the shammy. I always use the XL ones, I think they are called Asorber.

You can make it look pretty damn professional just doing some of these simple things bro! Also saves ya 50+ bucks

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not from there, but I used to detail rides and I was damn good at it.
If you want some easy, do it yourself stuff when you get home, here's a few tricks I picked up:

First off, don't do anything on dry paint.
De-grease the outta stuff, WITH water on the paint, wheels...etc. Since you don't have access to alot of the better chemicals this will help alot.
Rinse your tires, degrease them, take soap and a brush and scrub the piss outta them. Hose 'em off. This cleans your tire REALLY well, you might not even need tire shine.
If you put it on paint, make sure there is water first. Spray it on there, mist it with water, soap it up and then start hosing it off. Gets bugs off easy as hell, gets all kinds of grime you can't see...etc. Make sure, 100% you get it off there though.

Glass cleaner. This you can use on literally everything. Get an AEROSOL can of Stoner Invisi-Glass from wal-mart. That nozzle crap isn't no where near as good. You can use it to get bugs off, it cleans chrome better than anything you've ever seen. Cleans black paint awesomely as well.

Don't use a brush on anything dark. It'll leave little scratches all over your paint.
As for wax, I always liked Car Brite Wipe n Shine. But that's from a detailer product company. Try meguars. I personally like spray on wax for an easy wax and the hand wax to make it shine even better. The spray wax you can literally spray into a mist from the water hose, all over your ride and just wash off. Works just as good.

I typically use Car Brite when I clean stuff. Google Pugh Lubricants. You might be able to order some of their stuff.

Oh and use a squeegee from walmart. Get all the water off your ride before you use the shammy. I always use the XL ones, I think they are called Asorber.

You can make it look pretty damn professional just doing some of these simple things bro! Also saves ya 50+ bucks

I appreciate the advice man! Unfortunately I won't be back home for months and I need the truck cleaned!! I'm kinda between a rock and a hard place right now.........

DCorvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No problem man. A good looking ride makes things look alot better!
There might be a mobile detailing gig around town. Try the phone book man!

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
When it's done make sure they show you it in the sun and look for holograms in the paint aka buffer trails that's and easy way to tell if they did a quality job or not. They looks like random reflections of light all scattered.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I carry a detail shop behind my seat! 'Cause ya just never know, y'know? Lol!
All good advice, so far. Just one thing though...DO NOT use Windex on anything vinyl, leather, or plastic! It contains ammonia which dries all that stuff out, leading to an early death!

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No problem man. A good looking ride makes things look alot better!
There might be a mobile detailing gig around town. Try the phone book man!

Well ill have to take your advice on that, kinda unsure bc with the damn weather here it was clear yesterday but poured rain today and the place im staying at is off of a dirt road then a sand road -_-

If you lived near me I would hook you up at my shop!

When it's done make sure they show you it in the sun and look for holograms in the paint aka buffer trails that's and easy way to tell if they did a quality job or not. They looks like random reflections of light all scattered.

Ahh man to bad i didnt have the truck when i was up in colorado around september but unfortunately the truck was out of commission.

I carry a detail shop behind my seat! 'Cause ya just never know, y'know? Lol!
All good advice, so far. Just one thing though...DO NOT use Windex on anything vinyl, leather, or plastic! It contains ammonia which dries all that stuff out, leading to an early death!

Ahh another good point, usually when i wash the truck the damn weather takes a nosedive and changes the next day from sunny to rain and im just like really???????