Good Clutch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Evatyl14

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My throw out bearing is in the proccess of going out, very annoying and very embaressing. Well in this search i wanna replace the stock clutch to. Whats a good one to buy and from where. i do everything from monkeying around town, hitting the mud, hauling, and just hooking bumpers. Thanks

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Hayes super truck clutch. You will need to buy a separate pilot bushing iirc, but it's the way to go.

Evatyl14

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was looking on summits website, they seem to have 4 or 5 different ones. I heard zoom is a really good clutch, but it seems to be pretty cheap. Buddy has a centerforce one, he says he likes it, and that it grabs real quick.

SCOTTYINWV

Reaction score
Look up 88gmctrucks nv4500 swap. His build 454 is backed by a Hayes and holding great

Evatyl14

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hays super clutch- 299.97
Centerforce- 311.02
Zoom MU- 159.97
Ram Powergrip- 341.97
Ram Premium - 199.97
Act- 482.23-526.07
All on summits website. But no matter what i get its going to be better then stock right?

SCOTTYINWV

Reaction score
Act and ram power grip are probably ceramic button clutches. These have no slip, when you launch it's all or nothing. I wouldn't do either. They can build heat quick and warp a flywheel. Along with not being dd friendly, with a ton of chatter. The amount of grip they produce can start to snap other driveline components.

The ram premium and zoom are probably bottom of the barrel aftermarket clutches. They will be better than stock, but Hayes and centerforce are the top shelf organic clutches. I was going to go with the Hayes super, but my trans is going soon, and I'll just o that route when I swap for a nv4500. To save headache and money down the road, I would go with the hayes or centerforce. These will 9/10 outlast your transmission.

I currently have a Hayes stock replacement, not a super truck clutch. It is holding damn good. I have about 2k on it so far. It grabs like a **** and can hold the abuse of rolling 1-2-3 burnouts.

SalahHH83

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. I have a 305 5 speed. The throw out bearing is beginning to whine when depressed. Nothing terrible, but it's annoying and embarrassing. I recently got the truck for towing my BMW track car, so I figure I should swap the clutch while I'm in there. I'd like something that's better suited for towing. I am considering swapping in a 350 as well and while searching, it seems the 350 used a 12" clutch whereas the 305 used an 11" clutch. Is this true? If so, can the 12" clutch be used as an upgrade for a 305?

I'm not racing the truck or anything like that... Just using it to tow.