Going to rebuild 5.7 vortec soon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AlexHawk94

Reaction score
Hey guys
I'm going to rebuild (or build, since it's disassembled) engine soon and I need you for advice about which engine rebuild kit to choose. I checked rockauto and found some similar kits but for different price and different manufacturers.

First question, what's difference between sealed power and engeetech?

I'm gonna replace all gaskets, bolts, oil pump, hydro lifters, timing stuff, bearings, rings and pistons and some other stuff.

Do I have to replace camshaft ? It seems to be OK but kits include it

Showing some photos of how hard life is in Russia for such engine lol

You must be registered for see images attach

Отправлено с моего Redmi Note 3 через Tapatalk

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am in the same boat! What kits does everyone has experience with?

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
I have used SCAT rotating assembly kits in the pass and am happy with the performance.

Ed_P

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Definitely do a cam, Im partial to comp but others are equally as good. Comps site gives you nice info on each product with guides to help in the decision making process, etc.. I say dont do a kit, but that's me. I say do it piece meal sort of... do NOT buy assembled heads, not sure what your intentions are but dont do it... find a good machine shop and visit them and ask questions about their expertise in certain areas, you will learn allot and be better off.