GMT400 Lift Guide

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brian T

Reaction score
Great replies and pics. I wish they all had more details on the wheels and tires used!

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm guessing 38" swampers on 16.5" wheels. Possibly 40s. Old school, but I prefer this over the crap thats out there today.

93chevyluvr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just landed with the second truck in the driveway tonight. Plan to compare this weekend
Got a 6 inch rc lift red had in on about 3-4 months rides awesome. Wanted to run 20 inch rims but worried about rubbing spindle any suggestions?

You must be registered for see images attach

93chevyluvr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got a 6 inch rc lift red had in on about 3-4 months rides awesome. Wanted to run 20 inch rims but worried about rubbing spindle any suggestions?

Rear wheel drive not red

93chevyluvr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
BODY LIFT
Another very common, actually the most common form of lift (since cranking is adjustment not a lift) is the body lift. It is the general consensus that summit is the only place to buy your body lift. body lift are very cheap especially if you put it on yourself and you can achieve an extra 2 to 3 inches without causing any extra wear to your front end parts. all body lift are the same basically so brand doesn't play a big roll. The brand i see the most is performance accessories just for reference. the down side to a body lift is its name. BODY LIFT it only lift the body so your frame is much more exposed along with other things. Despite what some people may say a body lift can look good, depending on the work you put into it of course. if you body lift your truck i suggest cleaning the frame and throwing some paint on there, some nice nerf bars (nfabs seem to be the choice there), and ofcourse gap guards for your wheels well gaps. generally you can run a variety of wheel and tire combos with a body lift and a little crank 35s or 36s with a skinny wheel (bama2door) or some 33s on x10s. if your open to trimming and crank the your options are endless. i almost forgot if you body lift buy the kit period. dont do hockey pucks, dont do preasure treated wood, no pvc pipe. :nono: just use the kit i believe it is about 114$ from summit. 114$ to keep yourself and other from being killed isnt to bad.
body lifts

also if you are interested in more pics they are everywhere.
this is an example of a :nono: and a danger to society

back to suspension.
SUPERLIFT
The superlift often gets forgot about because everyone is so caught up in the rcx vs. the cepek.the truth is the superlift is a great lift that is right up there with the cepek and rcx in quality. As for the superlifts capability offroad well those who have seen anything bubba has done know that it can handle a fair amount :biggrin:, and for those who dont know bubba heres a link
http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forums/image-gallery/snapshots-videos/356749-ifs-pirate-arrrrrrrrg.html

the superlift is another full drop kit, if i remember correctly it is a full 6" drop meaning you will be just a tad lower than the cepek and with some crank can also acheive 8"s just with a bit steeper angles. i think the reason people dismiss the superlift quickly is due to the price, it is more expensive than the cepek and the rcx. The superlift is still a great lift and many times you can find limited time deals and used ones for great prices.
link about lift fitment for (88-93) to (93-98) http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forums/general-discussion/offroad/404684-will-suspension-lift-93-a.html
superlift

I wanted a 7 inch crossmember fab tech kit but couldn’t find one for my 2wd

Allan Elling

Reaction score
So I just inherited a 95 c1500. It's going to be my hunting truck, being 2wd I'd like to get some rather aggressive tires. I don't really need a big lift but I'd like to fit 33's, or maybe just 31's. I got a set of spacers, but I don't think they fit or I royally screwed it up.

What would be your recommendations? I think I could fit 31's with maybe a little trimming. I was thinking about returning my 2" kit for sale 4"/2" rear spindle kit

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahuskwulf