Getting good balanced sound without a subwoofer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aarolar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any ideas for getting a good rounded sound without going through all the hassle of a subwoofer? I am thinking possibly doing a component setup in the front doors with as big a woofer as possible and then possibly doing two more 8" woofers in the rear doors. Then drive it all off a good 4 channel amp and sound deaden it all down real good. Could somebody fit an 8" woofer in the front doors of our trucks?

LOWnEASY

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Even a good set of components arent going to touch on the lower notes of a sub. Although they can get close, but its still not a sub. Even a simple 8" or 10" subwoofer will make a world of difference in a sound set up.
A nice 8 or 10 on 5-600 watt RMS amp in a nice sealed box or a 30-32hz ported box wouldn't cost too much, and will reach nice and low your already going to run rca's so just add another set, and another amp.
Tap the remote wire going to the component amp for the sub amp, 5-600 watts should get away with some 4 or 8 awg wire a nice box to fit behind seat (regular cab) or under rear seat (ex cab) a decent sub of choice and you have it made.

Last edited:

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It can be done (get a 8" driver to fit in all four doors) ... just takes ALOT of work ...
I have plans to install 10" drivers in my front doors ...

Some metal bracing may need to be done to prevent rattles ...

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
Ive always wondered if someone has intergrated subs into the rear cubby on an EXT cab. there seems to be PLENTY of room to work with. It would be cool putting some small ones on the front doors as well.

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ive always wondered if someone has intergrated subs into the rear cubby on an EXT cab. there seems to be PLENTY of room to work with.
may take some work ... but a great place to mount a pair of 10s (one on each side of the vehicle) ... Heck, may have enough there to go ported and tuned ...

aarolar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't want to go the sub route because no matter how you do it storage space is eliminated somewhere somehow.