Gear indicator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yazoomudd

Reaction score
I'm hoping somebody can help me on my 98 Chevy tahoe on the dash the little red light that lights up under your gear selection. For some reason mine when I put it into drive the little light flashes the whole time I'm driving but if I come to a stop it stops. Any ideas what can be causing this I have run all new grounds and even replaced the neutral positin switch.

joep88cheyenne

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If the grounds are okay sounds like you have an issue with your power to the light. I can't think of anything that flashes or pulses while running or driving that would affect that light. I would again look at the groundings and also that you do not have any loose wires that could be breaking contact, also make sure your bulb is seated correctly into the bulb socket, maybe even replacing the bulb with another (that is a cheap test/fix).

94burbk1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
But arent the lights soldered in? I don't think they are the kind u just replace.
Idk if they are soldered or socketed, but soldering on older electronics isn't hard, you can get a cheap iron from walmart, just watch a couple youtube videos and have at it. I work at an electronics company of sorts and I'm self taught. I know it can seem daunting, but if you service your own vehicle, you can definitely wield a soldering iron.