Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The world is run by C students and engineers are no exception. What do you call a guy who graduates engineering school at the bottom of his class? An engineer.
Currently. The design and engineering of these trucks is legendary and implying your once again “C Student” line to these trucks is an insult to those engineers.

454C2500Longbed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I love my side post. No post on top I need to worry about when I’m working on truck and a quick disconnect when I need to.
You must be registered for see images attach
I must admit, that is a pretty sweet setup.

But every single side post I have ever dealt with has sucked absolute monkey c*ck, posts never want to come out, heads get rounded off EVEN WITH A 6 POINT SOCKET, threads strip. All of these problems exist on my battery, which is only a couple years old. Negative terminal head is rounded off and won't come out, and the positive side is almost completely stripped, I have no idea how it's in there still, much less the fact that the truck starts every time. And they're hard to get at with the airbox on. The airbox is not hard to take off, but what if I don't want to take it off? The marine style batteries are where it's at in my opinion, I'd like to get me one of them if I can find it semi-reasonable.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As a rebuttal, I offer up side post batteries, JB3 brakes, cartridge door handles, flimsy door hinges, and daytime running lights.
I will raise your offering. Plastic vortec intake gaskets and the rubber coated steel core replacements, the R4 and HT6 compressor, the Vortec air intake ducting plastic pieces and the whole 700r4/4L60E.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When you say 'undergeared', do you mean numerically lower FD - eg, a 3.42FD is more undergeared than a 4.11?
Correct or more commonly 3.08s in these trucks. GM had many vehicles with 2.53/2.56 rear gears and a 0.67 or 0.70 overdrive ratio. In 1987ish they even pumped out vans and suburbans with 2.73s and a 700r4. My 88 Brougham had a 200-4R and 2.53s.