Garage door opener Overhead console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z71Joey

Reaction score
I was wondering if the garage door opener out if a Yukon or suburban that's built in to the overhead console will fit into my overhead console? If not the entire overhead console should swap? Also how is the wiring for these? just power wires I'd guess? Thanks in advanced

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if the garage door opener out if a Yukon or suburban that's built in to the overhead console will fit into my overhead console? If not the entire overhead console should swap? Also how is the wiring for these? just power wires I'd guess? Thanks in advanced

Well the spot I have for a garage door opener in my NBS it opens up and it has 2 pieces of velcro. One attached to the overhead and one you pull a tab off and stick to your garage door clicker. Then you just Velcro the two pieces together, close the little door and, Walah, your overhead can open your garage

Sent while pulling out a Ford

Z71Joey

Reaction score
Yeah my truck has that grey button in the center of that little door, the doors kinda broke so I haven't messed with it to much I was referring to the home link / electronic style ones

Z71Joey

Reaction score
Thanks for your response though just thought it'd be pretty cool to have that in there I'd have to get a new door anyways there Probbaly about the same price lol

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your response though just thought it'd be pretty cool to have that in there I'd have to get a new door anyways there Probbaly about the same price lol

Well, I personally like things to be basic and simple. I'll take Velcro and a plastic door with a button over having to deal with power wires and things like that. Running wires is the main reason why the interior on the OBS I get will stay stock lol

Sent while pulling out a Ford

Z71Joey

Reaction score
Ok thanks just making sure it'll fit in my console

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok thanks just making sure it'll fit in my console

Yup and wiring is super easy power and ground (right there at the map lights) and a dash light wire found behind the light switch