Fuel Quality!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KansasOBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I drive like I wanna get there so I'm usually on the go pedal,MPG be damned. On the way back a slow poke jumped out in front of me so the first opportunity I got I mashed the motor. I was running about 40 and it lit the rear tire and shoved me in the seat when it grabbed back up.

Finding good gas is nice. Taking the time to slow down, and have a little more patience and peace might be a little nice also. Just sayin.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Some ethanol-free would be wise for my small engine stuff, I'm sure. The Buc-ee's over here has it, but it's not close, at all.. about 15 miles / almost 30 minutes if I don't wanna get on the toll road. Great brisket breakfast tacos though.. maybe I should make a breakfast run for tacos and fill the couple 2 gallon cans.

Richard

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've found that I get the best mileage and performance in my trucks from "Top Tier" approved brands, a list of which can be found here:

https://www.toptiergas.com/gasoline-brands/

I ran Ethanol free 91 from a local non-Top Tier station in my red truck (tuned for 91) for a while, but discovered that my mileage had dropped significantly. As soon as I went back to Top Tier the mileage came back and the truck felt more responsive.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
QT has 0 ethanol but it's expensive. You do get better mpg, but not enough to offset it. If I had a classic with a carb I would run it though.

KansasOBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bet you're one of the people I'm constantly saying "move that thing,I got $hit to do" to.

Since you want to go there. pretty sure I've been faster than you in a lot of things, especially two wheels.

I'm sorry that everyone around you doesn't go through their day, without making mistakes, or with the same attitude. You're definitely right to vent those frustrations as you stomp the pedal around them.

I offer a different view, and somehow that translates to someone that would be a problem to you. Sometimes its even something I have to remind myself of.

There is a line from Shawshank Redemption. "The world went and got itself in a big damn hurry.".......let that soak in, or not.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since you want to go there. pretty sure I've been faster than you in a lot of things, especially two wheels.

I'm sorry that everyone around you doesn't go through their day, without making mistakes, or with the same attitude. You're definitely right to vent those frustrations as you stomp the pedal around them.

I offer a different view, and somehow that translates to someone that would be a problem to you. Sometimes its even something I have to remind myself of.

There is a line from Shawshank Redemption. "The world went and got itself in a big damn hurry.".......let that soak in, or not.
I drive like I got things to do and to get out of other peoples way. Too many people act like their the only person on the road and to hell with everyone else.
Unless you've been over 170 mph on a street Harley you've not been faster than me.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe you found out why they had bags on all the nozzles.
The thing about that is I've been putting their gas in the tank for a year now and the truck has never had good gas mileage and I just figured the old 305 was gutless. Come to find out it does have a little energy if I feed it right. I'll have to keep track of the miles I put on and see what the MPG does.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My ol' hometown went decades with two kinds of gasoline.

1. Whatever fuel came down the pipeline to the "Tank Farm" outside of town, which then loaded the tanker-trucks that delivered to every station in town EXCEPT...
2. ...Amoco. All Amoco fuel came from a fuel depot hundreds of miles away.

"I guess" the generic tanker trucks put various "custom" additive blends into the fuel as it was delivered to the different-branded gas stations. I never saw it happen, though.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My ol' hometown went decades with two kinds of gasoline.

1. Whatever fuel came down the pipeline to the "Tank Farm" outside of town, which then loaded the tanker-trucks that delivered to every station in town EXCEPT...
2. ...Amoco. All Amoco fuel came from a fuel depot hundreds of miles away.

"I guess" the generic tanker trucks put various "custom" additive blends into the fuel as it was delivered to the different-branded gas stations. I never saw it happen, though.
Think it's possible that some chains are adding more ethanol? Could be why they got bagged,got busted with more than 10%