Fuel Pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bump530

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
well after 200k miles, i think my fuel pump has finally decided to crap out on me. whats best and cheapest (yea i know, two words that dont belong together) replacement to get?

ive done some searching but havent really seen much.

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The last one I did was on a guys work truck and he wanted to go cheap so I got the pump from autozone cant remember how much it was but it was wau cheaper than delco

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You should look around for a Walbarro 255. You can get em used on forums for under $100 sometimes ( I sold one for $75 shipped). And it's big enough to feed 500 RWHP

bump530

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should look around for a Walbarro 255. You can get em used on forums for under $100 sometimes ( I sold one for $75 shipped). And it's big enough to feed 500 RWHP

ive seen different ones, im not too sure what exactly im looking for lol.

if i do go stock replacement tho, i will be gettin a delphi

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
With the 'no-name' brands, you pay your money & take your chances. The original in my'98 lasted 150,000 miles. The 'no-name' lasted 30,000. I've heard that some only last that long, & yet others will go much longer. The job is a PITA to begin with, so I'd recommend the Delphi. It's proven itself to last, as long as you don't continually run it below 1/4 to 3/8 of a full tank for extended periods.

bump530

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i pretty sure im gonna get a delphi off amazon for around $200

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
With the 'no-name' brands, you pay your money & take your chances. The original in my'98 lasted 150,000 miles. The 'no-name' lasted 30,000. I've heard that some only last that long, & yet others will go much longer. The job is a PITA to begin with, so I'd recommend the Delphi. It's proven itself to last, as long as you don't continually run it below 1/4 to 3/8 of a full tank for extended periods.
This!