Fuel pump confusion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aarolar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I finally found a fuel pressure gauge to borrow today and the results are less than spectacular. Key on engine off all I get is 48 psi, crank it up and and holds pretty steady at 48-46 and jumps to 51-52 for a second if you blip the throttle. Clamped off the return with absolutely no change at all, I am pretty sure this has something to do with why it's idling like crap.

Now next question is I plan on ordering my new pump from rock auto being I am not on the side of the road yet. I am unsure what pump I need they list several Delphi and ACDelco pumps. I was told at Advance that there are 3 different pumps dependent on what chassis you have and some pumps have two plugs where some only have one. Can anyone give me any info or even better a part number of a pump that will work with my truck?

99 K2500 CCSB 7400 Vortec

94 cheyenne

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
okay i hav found 4 different pumps to try the first is an airtex e3947m it has the 2 electrical connectors the second is a bosch 67381 it also has the 2 electrical connectors. now this pump e3962m is an airtex single electrical connector and this spectra sp6145m is a single connector. these are for the 454 i wish i could tell you which type pump you have is there any way you can see the connectors.

aarolar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
okay i hav found 4 different pumps to try the first is an airtex e3947m it has the 2 electrical connectors the second is a bosch 67381 it also has the 2 electrical connectors. now this pump e3962m is an airtex single electrical connector and this spectra sp6145m is a single connector. these are for the 454 i wish i could tell you which type pump you have is there any way you can see the connectors.

I ended up pulling the bed and it had an Airtex E3962M single connection, I ordered the same pump from Rock Auto should be here tomorrow.