Fuel pump and oil pressure gauge wont work now.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1badeagle

Reaction score
Hey guys. I am just finishing up the carb swap on my 95 454 k3500 5 speed truck. I got everything installed and jumped in the truck to see the oil pressure gauge is pegged past 80 psi. I turned the key on and the fuel pump isnt kicking on now either. I saw on another forum that there is a wire that I need to ground so that the gauge will work again and that this will cure my fuel pump issue since the non grounded wire is acting as a saftey switch. Can anyone tell me what wire needs to be grounded? I need to know the color as someone has cut some of the wires under the hood already.

Thanks,

Dustin

cjman250

Last Of A Dying Breed
Reaction score
Hey guys. I am just finishing up the carb swap on my 95 454 k3500 5 speed truck. I got everything installed and jumped in the truck to see the oil pressure gauge is pegged past 80 psi. I turned the key on and the fuel pump isnt kicking on now either. I saw on another forum that there is a wire that I need to ground so that the gauge will work again and that this will cure my fuel pump issue since the non grounded wire is acting as a saftey switch. Can anyone tell me what wire needs to be grounded? I need to know the color as someone has cut some of the wires under the hood already.

Thanks,

Dustin

not sure which wire it is but grounding to the frame is probably the best option