fuel pump access

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
just as easy to drop the tank then you dont have to cut up your box.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
we pulled the bed, made it a breeze, and it sure it could of been much faster and all, but we got some much needed paint a cleaning done while woing the fuel pump. and put new shocks and exhaust on it

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I can pull the bed on one of these truck's in the same amount of time it took him to cut the hole.

98chev

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pulling the bed is the only way to do it. allows for you to clean up the frame and bottom of the bed while your at it

topo4u20

Reaction score
Hello All,
Well, I finally made that access hole in the bed and just today installed a new Delphi fuel pump and Spectra sending unit. Total cost $160 CDN. Amazingly after over 300km the Sierra still had the original sender and fuel pump. The Spectra sending unit had the main line on a poor angle so had to bend it slightly but otherwise installed smoothly. I only changed for preventative maintenance and possible long start condition in the morning. Anyway, she runs fine so just wanted to pass this on.

cheers

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep, just not on a truck. This is how I did the pump on my Trans Am. Its best to just remove the entire piece & buy a metal access door you can rivet back on in place of it & seal the edges with silicone. Then it wont effect hauling anything & you'll never have to remove the bed or drop the tank again.

topo4u20

Reaction score
Yep, just not on a truck. This is how I did the pump on my Trans Am. Its best to just remove the entire piece & buy a metal access door you can rivet back on in place of it & seal the edges with silicone. Then it wont effect hauling anything & you'll never have to remove the bed or drop the tank again.

I screwed down a piece of aluminum on top of the access hole but I have a bedliner so even better.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
ive seen people just remove the bolts on the gas tank side on the box, then loosen the other side. then you can lift the driver side of the box high enough to remove the sending unit. Not a bad ideer if your alone.