Fuel Gauge Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97Bowtie1106

it's not a lowrider!!!
Reaction score
ok so I replaced the cluster and everything is working perfectly, except the temperature gauge. It doesnt move at all. It worked before so Im guessing there is a fault in the cluster?

97Bowtie1106

it's not a lowrider!!!
Reaction score
well I swapped that cluster for a denali cluster today lol and the gauge still doesnt work. It moves a little bit when I turn the key on but not even to the line...Im going to check the sending unti and see if thats it

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Off topic, but the truck in your sig is :jawdrop:, 97Bowtie1106! That being said, how did you get the needles off? Do you just use a kitchen fork like a lever and pop them off? Already ordered the LEDs for my gauges and i want to clear the needles then paint them red.

Also, congrats on everything working again. :waytogo:

icebluechevy

Reaction score
clear your gauges?Whats that?My gas gauge is 1/4 off so im bout to fix it while it completly out(died in drivway).so ill tun th key on remove needle point to E and reinstall,yes?

97Bowtie1106

it's not a lowrider!!!
Reaction score
Off topic, but the truck in your sig is :jawdrop:, 97Bowtie1106! That being said, how did you get the needles off? Do you just use a kitchen fork like a lever and pop them off? Already ordered the LEDs for my gauges and i want to clear the needles then paint them red.

Also, congrats on everything working again. :waytogo:

thanks man. I just pulled the needles off with my fingers but a fork would be easier.

clear your gauges?Whats that?My gas gauge is 1/4 off so im bout to fix it while it completly out(died in drivway).so ill tun th key on remove needle point to E and reinstall,yes?

I cleared my needles, not gauges.

Its better to do it white the truck is running or atleast the key is turned. You could try your way first but if it doesnt move when you turn the key, you know why