front hubs/wheel bearing question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93ecss

Reaction score
OK so i can get a hold of some 8 lug wheels with nice brand new tires and the wheels are very nice to. the problem is i have a 6 lug truck. the wheels and tires i can get like new and FREE! so i wanna try to use them. are the front hub assemblies the same on the 6 lug and 8 lug? i doubt they are are they? if not i can just weld the hubs up and re drill them. I've done it before on a car and my dad does it daily on million dollar presses so I'm not worried about that but any help would be appreciated! thanks

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Let me save you a ton of time and effort.

Get the "free" tires and wheels, buy 6 lug wheels and sell the 8 lug wheels.

Done.

93ecss

Reaction score
well redrilling the hubs wont be hard. i dont have a problem with that. my dad and his employees do **** like that all the time.

93ecss

Reaction score
well i wouldnt want to sell the wheels my uncles is giving them to me if i could use them. i think it would be a rude to just sell them...

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
See if he will give you just the tires than, but ya Mike is right.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you could buy adapter if your that desperate man, i personally wouldnt run them like that but it is an option.

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You'll spend more on wheel studs than a set of craigslist rims.