Front drive line exhaust clearance options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raven97

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Forgive me as this is my first post and I dont know if its in the correct spot. First of all I have a 1997 K1500. It has a 6" Zone lift on it. Currently its a 2x4 right now. The front drive line had to be removed to allow room for the stock down pipe crossover section to remain. The down pipe sits right where the drive line should be.

My question is, what are people doing for their setup to run 4x4 with their lift? Now i must add im for the country of Californiastan and we have to smog so deleting the cats is not an option. I would be curious and eager to see photos of what some of you have done to get around this. Thanks!

Jim

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Yep. Just cut a small section of the exhaust off, install your driveshaft and drive or trailer it to an exhaust shop. I think they charged me like $80 to reroute the pipe over the driveshaft.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
.....The front drive line had to be removed to allow room for the stock down pipe crossover section to remain. The down pipe sits right where the drive line should be.

You're talking about your driveshaft. Your driveline is everything..... engine, transmission, transfercase, driveshafts and axles.

90W7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Drivetrain is everything minus the powertrain. Drive line and drive shift are commonly interchangeable.

@raven97 like hunter said just go get a quote from an exhaust shop and if the price works get your 4wd up and running again. It shouldn't be much.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Drivetrain is everything minus the powertrain. Drive line and drive shift are commonly interchangeable.

Well, I suppose you can call something anything you want and be incorrect. There is no single part/assembly called a driveline. The official designation, at least for GM, is propeller shaft.

Raven97

Reaction score
Thank you Sky high. Looks to be what I'm gonna do. Thanks to everyone else also. Besides you 454cid. You had no contribution to my thread. Your prudent remarks are rediculus and irrelevant. You obviously knew what I was saying. Also if your so perfect in your ways. Why did you say driveline? In your first post if you allow me to correct you. You talking about the drive train. You need to chill out on the adult beverages and not be a forum troll. Many people know the term drive line. As the thing that connects the trans to the rear axle/diff. Enjoy picking me apart on this as im looking forward to a good laugh.