From SouthWest Colorado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ouray19

Reaction score
Greetings from southwest Colorado! Bought my current GMC in 1998 with 68K miles and still loving it. Finally, after 350K miles, decided to put a new engine in it. Not because I had to (although it was starting to smoke a bit) but because I want to get another 350K miles out of it. Have owned GM trucks my whole life and had nothing but good luck with them. List includes a 52 Chevy, 54 Chevy, 68 GMC, 84 Blazer, 94 S-10 and now my current 89.
My truck is a K1500 4X4, Standard Cab, Standard Bed with 5.7L V8 and auto transmission. Great for 4-Wheeling in the mountains with it's short turning radius.
Having decided to keep it and replace the engine, will now start working on some minor body issues and suspension upgrades. Other than dual exhaust, the truck is all stock.
Look forward to sharing with other members as I work through my truck.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Welcome! And yes pics are a general intro thing. Hope you enjoy your stay!

Sent from what is likely a government flagged smartphone. Tyler/T-Unit

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Judging by your name I'd guess you live near Ouray. Beautiful place. I loved it and didn't want to leave. My family and I did some rental jeep offroading up there. :welcome:

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Welcome from Evergreen and Denver! You have me beat on miles, I'm at 310k....must be the altitude. I love looking for fossils in Ouray.

Last edited:

ouray19

Reaction score
WOW! This is embarrassing! I've owned this truck for 16 years and when I looked for a pic to post, the only pics I could find were the day I slid off our driveway. Will do better in the future and get some current pics posted soon.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
WOW! This is embarrassing! I've owned this truck for 16 years and when I looked for a pic to post, the only pics I could find were the day I slid off our driveway. Will do better in the future and get some current pics posted soon.

:lol: funny how that happens, own something for so long but don't have pics of it, My pops is like that with his car

Welcome!