Frito's 98 ECSB Slow Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Hey y'all, I'm sure you've seen my other thread, but I finally moved it here to get some input from everyone.

I finally decided to start a build thread on my 1998 GMC C1500 ECSB, it has the 305 backed with the 4L60E tranny. I'm not doing an outragous build on this, but instead I'm trying to make a really clean daily driver.

This is what it looked like when I bought it.
You must be registered for see images attach

frito-bandito

Reaction score
My progress is gonna be money and time permitting, so it'll be pretty slow, I also have some repairs to do before I really start customizing.

One of the first things I did was remove the MC off of the tailgate, the G fell of somewhere in Oklahoma, still gotta fill in the holes,

More recently I "borrowed" some paint at work and painted the bed fender wells, you probally can't tell from before, but they used to be peeling and showing black primer? underneath it, nevermind the dirt!

frito-bandito

Reaction score
Then one day at work, I found two cans of paint stripper in an old truck, so I decided now would be a good time to strip the yellow peeling clearcoat off of the aluminum wheels.

Here's a before shot

And an after

They desperately need polishing now, but at least now I can use acid wash to have a clean start. This is a pic of some damage to the wheel from the cracked clearcoat, I'm hoping that some good polishing with get rid of this.

frito-bandito

Reaction score
I've drove this truck for 2 years, and it still had the stock exhaust with the HUGE muffler on it. Every other truck I have owned has always been loud. So one ht after work I decided to take care of that problem with a cutoff wheel and a prybar

Kind of a rough cut, but it was done at 130am so I'm not beating myself up over it, besides I plan on cutting a turndown out of the removed tailpipe, so ill clean it up then. Sorry my flash wasn't working :(

And...here's how it sounds now!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2XdFta7h_g&feature=youtube_gdata_player

My wife and kids actually love the sound!! She's the one that suggested recordiing the video to post on here and Facebook!! I was really getting on it in the video, but during normal driving, it suprisingly has a good deep rumble to it!!!

frito-bandito

Reaction score
And as you can see by my signature and avitar, this is how the truck looks now

Hook Em Horns!!!!

Future plans are to finally fix the leaky waterpump, replace the driver's side door pins, replace the high side shrader valve so I don't have to charge the AC every 2 weeks, then finally I want to add the factory molding and fender trim, paint the bottom dark blue to match the interior, paint the GMC emblem on the grill blue

frito-bandito

Reaction score
Every since I got the truck, the windshield wipers only worked when they wanted to, ii dealt with it until one ht they quit working completely while my wife was driviing in a heavy storm. So, being fed up with this and payday still days away, I did some research. I found this You Tube video that shows you how to repaiir your pulse board, I found it extremely simple, (try to get past the weiird dude talking at the start of the video)

I did exactly what he said, and havnt had a single problem since, sorry I don't have my own pics.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX0EcG8QkYA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

frito-bandito

Reaction score
I finally decided to do to Intake Resonator Delete Mod, written by TruckinAin4Sissies and modified by Cabulguy184

Heres the link I used http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?6002-Writeup-Intake-Resonator-Removal

It cost me a whole 55 cents for this

And here's the offending resonator

Once you remove the resonator, save this and throw the rest in the bed of the truck

Next shove the end of the can into the grommet, I had to paint it thanks to my OCD!

And here's the finished product!!!

frito-bandito

Reaction score
Today I washed the hell out of it today at work with the nice steam pressure washer and scrubbed the bed with degreaser to get the grease from all the truck parts I usually haul. Didn't get pics of the finished product, but I also went ahead and measured out where I'm gonna cut the fuel pump access panel out of the bed tomorrow.

Plus I got the ol lady's blessing to start spending some money on fixing the POS up some, so more pics will soon follow!!