Free to me GMC 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
I think this should have been a option dose not matter if you have a short bed/step side or a long bed you should have been able to pick from either having a spare tire mound or a suburban secondary tank where the spare tire mount would be

Dantheman1540

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the axle cleaned up today. Might do a bunch of measuring and get everything tacked into place even. I don’t have 220 in my shop so I’ll take it across the street and do the full burn in with a big miller. I forgot how much of a pita cutting brackets off with just a grinder is.

Attachments

• IMG_2186.jpeg
    IMG_2186.jpeg
    475 KB · Views: 4

Dantheman1540

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lots of measuring and lots of using my digital angle finder and I think I got it setup right. I’ll find out when I go to bolt it in .

While waiting for stuff to cool down between welds I decided to mess with the driver seat and realize that when I pull the handle at the top on the side. The seat leans forward but does not slide forward. I even bolted it in the truck to test this theory. I’m not sure if that’s how it’s supposed to work since front and back is worked with an electric motor (which is busted in this seat) or if it is indeed suppose to fold forward and slide forward at the same time while pulling just that one handle.

Attachments

• IMG_2189.jpeg
    IMG_2189.jpeg
    428.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2188.jpeg
    IMG_2188.jpeg
    480.9 KB · Views: 5

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lots of measuring and lots of using my digital angle finder and I think I got it setup right. I’ll find out when I go to bolt it in .

While waiting for stuff to cool down between welds I decided to mess with the driver seat and realize that when I pull the handle at the top on the side. The seat leans forward but does not slide forward. I even bolted it in the truck to test this theory. I’m not sure if that’s how it’s supposed to work since front and back is worked with an electric motor (which is busted in this seat) or if it is indeed suppose to fold forward and slide forward at the same time while pulling just that one handle.
I don’t think that controls both seat functions. My bench has forward and back controlled by lever under seat. My former 400 single seat was electric.

Dantheman1540

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don’t think that controls both seat functions. My bench has forward and back controlled by lever under seat. My former 400 single seat was electric.

That passenger side seat has the same handle and it does control both. Also the lower handle does the same thing as the upper handle. Maybe it’s just there to be an easier grab from the back seat then. If anyone can confirm this then I will proceed with having the Tahoe leather driver seat redone since it’s motors work

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also the lower handle does the same thing as the upper handle.
The lower handle should lock the seat back into various positions and the upper handle should release the seat back, allowing it to pivot between full forward and the position the lower lever has the seat back locked into.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The lower handle should lock the seat back into various positions and the upper handle should release the seat back, allowing it to pivot between full forward and the position the lower lever has the seat back locked into.
So lower handle only controls forward/backward function and no seat back tilt?
I just checked my bench and that’s how mine works.