Frame questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have to get my truck inspected this month and I've been going around fixing things and I found a rust hole in the frame. It isn't too big so I can fix it and it'll be good for a while and pass inspection, but the whole frame is going to rust sooner or later because I run the truck in the winter. I'd like to replace the frame at some point and I was wondering what would be the best option. I could get a parts rig with a decent frame, but that's pretty hard to find in Vermont. What I would really like to do is get a new frame. Anyone know what it would cost for a whole new frame? or is there somewhere I can get oem parts of the frame?

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm located in mass the salvage yard my friend manages has a clean 97 rcsb that has the bed removed and drivetrain taken out I can see what they would get for the frame bare or with the axles if your interested? let me know

Reaction score
I'm located in mass the salvage yard my friend manages has a clean 97 rcsb that has the bed removed and drivetrain taken out I can see what they would get for the frame bare or with the axles if your interested? let me know

I don't really have money to replace it now, and I'm going to wait at least until after this winter to do it. I'd just like to get an idea of how much one would cost. So if you want to ask them how much they want for it I'll see if I could do something next spring.

Birchyboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't really have money to replace it now, and I'm going to wait at least until after this winter to do it. I'd just like to get an idea of how much one would cost. So if you want to ask them how much they want for it I'll see if I could do something next spring.

If you got it now, you could work on getting it rust free and painted over the winter, then swap it when you have the rest of the money for whatever else is necessary.

Reaction score
If you got it now, you could work on getting it rust free and painted over the winter, then swap it when you have the rest of the money for whatever else is necessary.

Thats true I didn't think about that. I just don't have much money to spend right now, but depending on how much it'll cost I'll probably try and do that. Thanks for the idea.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Honestly it'd be cheaper just to buy the frame now then to spend the time and money to patch the current frame and then still have to buy a new one

Reaction score
Honestly it'd be cheaper just to buy the frame now then to spend the time and money to patch the current frame and then still have to buy a new one

Well I can patch it for free because I have plenty of scrap metal and a welder and there's only one hole that needs to be fixed for inspection, but I know there's plenty of rust starting all over the frame so I figure just run it for this winter and swap it in the spring. And like Birchyboy said, if I can get one soon I can spend the winter getting it all rust free and coating it so I can try to prevent it from rusting.