For 5 Speed Manual trannys, What speeds do you up shift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
I want one for trouble shooting and whatnot. Going to add an aftermarket to the radio delete pocket when I install an aftermarket stereo, probably along with a vac gauge since I got my oil pressure gauge working.

77Impala

The Hauler
Reaction score
I have the tach on order, be later this month. I too use it for more than just shifting intervals.

Glad I had not ordered a owners manual, the ones selling me the truck found the originals and even found the wheel well stainless steel rings. I don't even know why they had been removed.

Only recommendation from GMC about shifting is to go by the shift lamp if road, weather, and load conditions permit.

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
Glad I had not ordered a owners manual, the ones selling me the truck found the originals and even found the wheel well stainless steel rings. I don't even know why they had been removed.
I removed mine because my truck looks a helluva lot better without them.

I guess it's a little late now, but depending on what year model you have, you could possibly swap clusters with a similar truck that has a factory tach.