FNG from AR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

USAF_Slacker

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everyone, my name is Justin, and im from Arkansas. I live in Missouri right now but im sure that'll change soon. I have a '94 swb Silverado 2wd, 88 350 tbi 4 bolt main, 4L60 tranny. everything is basically stock, it has that crap-tastic white paint that is peeling off. I've primered the hood out but thats it. body is very straight, just need to replace driver side door pins.

My plans are simple. RAT ROD STYLE!!! flat black exterior, 4/6 drop, 20'' steel rims with white wall low pro. I plan to shave tail lights, 3rd brake, tail gate, door handles (and suicide doors), and a little other odds and ends.

This isnt my first project though. I had another '94 exactly like this one, but i had bought it bagged but the inside was stripped out, no drive train, and a little beat up. i had to replace a lot of the air lines, shaved everything but the doors, had it painted black after i did the body work. me and my father dropped in a 383 stroker in it that had been in a old drag car of his that he wrecked. Ended up blowing it being a dumba** when i was a senior. Got another and rebuilt it from the ground up. it was my pride and joy and i put wayy to much money in it. i blew the rearend right before i PCS'd and broke down and sold it.

i know quite a bit about this truck and its limits but im sure alot of you are more knowledgable than me, and im here to be educated further. if you have actually read all this than thank you and i hope to get pics of my new project up soon!! if anyone has good ideas and suggestions about turning it rat rod let me know.

lance

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome to the site an I was thinking of doing the same thing with my truck but i'm just not 100% sure on it yet.

USAF_Slacker

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the welcomes.

Doing a 4/6 drop, is there anything special i need to do to the front end of the truck like cutting my a-arms or is everything basically bolt on? i know i have to notch the back out, but i've never done this big of a drop. the other OBS i had was already bagged so the front end was cut up already.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you ever plan to run stock wheel's or for that matter any 15 inch wheel's, you will need to trim the rain gutter's on both lower control arm's, maybe somebody has a pic they can post up as I don't have one of those. It is very easy to do, can be done with a sawzall, grider with cut off wheel, etc, basically your just trimming the outter edger of the control arm so the wheels don't hit it when you turn.

USAF_Slacker

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
awesome, thanks!! i plan on running my stock 15'' for a while and i figured i was going to have to grind a little bit back on it. i wasnt sure if i had to do a lot more. where could i find steel rims for it? i have looked and i havent found anything like plain steel work rims without any holes other than bolt holes..

USAF_Slacker

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited by a moderator: