Fml

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well when you say boring I think cylinders not line bore/hone. I know what line hone is for though, but if you already had it line honed/bored why will it not go back together? You mix matched them after it was done?

Just a general rule of thumb, from now on....

paint the caps different colors, buy some numbers punches, or just use chisel and tap some marks on em so you know which one goes where.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
well when you say boring I think cylinders not line bore/hone. I know what line hone is for though, but if you already had it line honed/bored why will it not go back together? You mix matched them after it was done?

Just a general rule of thumb, from now on....

paint the caps different colors, buy some numbers punches, or just use chisel and tap some marks on em so you know which one goes where.

+1....Marking the rod/main caps is ESSENTIAL in any engine rebuild. I also agree on the machine shop straightening them out for you, because the only other thing is to get them align-honed again....which will cost more than for them to mix 'n match till they get it right.