Floor Shifter Light.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canadian

Reaction score
Mine shows the front wheels lit up when it is in 2 wheel drive. Never really paid it much attention. A wire must be backwards - I hope. Something else to look into, especially since I like the idea of a different colour showing up when it is actually in 4 wheel, and I would like to change the backlight to a more subdued red or blue.

Are the rear wheels supposed to light up at any time?

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
there are 2 bulbs. the one closes to the front of the truck is the one for when 4wd is on. the back one is for 2wd. i put a 5led blue in and it looks sick at night got a red in the 4wd but never seen it because my 4wd dont work :/

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine shows the front wheels lit up when it is in 2 wheel drive. Never really paid it much attention. A wire must be backwards - I hope. Something else to look into, especially since I like the idea of a different colour showing up when it is actually in 4 wheel, and I would like to change the backlight to a more subdued red or blue.

Are the rear wheels supposed to light up at any time?

I put my bulbs in backwards at first, so it's easily screwed up. Just swap the bulbs to the other hole in the trim housing.

Canadian

Reaction score
Ahhh... that might be it. I disconnected them altogether. I made my ash tray light red (used a piece of red film to cover the hole where the light shines through) and then noticed how bright the 4WD lights are now. The LED 194's are $12 in town, so I probably will just try spraying a bit of red paint on the bulbs as it has worked for me before.

But...since I've had the truck up on a friends hoist....I've found 5 different leaks, mainly axle seals, so the lights go on hold until they get fixed.