flap flap flap flap... what the?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mysteriphys

Reaction score
short background, truck was running when it was parked and everything still worked, but p.o. took out the gas tank, i jumped the pump so i know it's good, but it doesn't run when i key on, so i put my battery in turned the key and from under the dash i here this *flap flap flap flap* does it for about 10 seconds and stops until i tip to start or off and on again.

anyone have experience with this happening?

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably the recirculation door actuator for your HVAC unit. Its located above and forward of the blower motor

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Mysteriphys

Reaction score
K any thoughts on the fuel pump not running? I can borrow a relay to test but if there is a common issue I'd like to rule it out first.

Mysteriphys

Reaction score
thanks for the advice guys, turns out someone did a crappy job butt connecting the ground for the tank, clamped the wire to the frame and it works. vid in street builds

VenomousSVT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the flap flap flap is the motor inside the HVAC door actuator. its a worm gear that spins and turns a regular cog... the cog is either cracked or missing a section of about 5 teeth. I had a spare laying around and just took mine apart and swapped the single cog out and it hasnt done it again in 5 years.