First time poster here...'94 Silverado with 5.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Todd Savage

Reaction score
So glad I found this site! Here's my question. Has anyone removed the heat shields for the spark plug wires and not have issues with burning wires? I'll leave em on if it's really needed, but I want them suckers off if possible. Real pain to get wires on and off.

Todd Savage

Reaction score
Getting them off is pretty easy...it's getting them back on that's so hard...the plug wire sits just slam on the shield which doesn't allow any room to even get boot pliers on the boot.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Leave the old plugs in place and jam a short piece of pipe over the plugs to bend the shields. Then replace with new plugs.

vic_v8

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
here in the rust belt, I've removed them plenty of times, just run your wires the best you can and zip time them away from heat.

Todd Savage

Reaction score
Thanks all the replies. I was able to bend them slightly up with my hands to give enough clearance. Then bend them back into where they were.