Finally picked up 97 stepside RCSB. 1/4 mile project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wyatt

Reaction score
So after years of wanting one I found a perfect example to snag. I found this 97 RCSB stepside 4wd with 73k miles. My plans are for a 1/4 mile street/strip hot rod.

Already ordered a step shaver kit, smooth front bumper, torsion keys, drop leafs, drop shocks, front and rear sways,3/4 drop, billet grill, clear corners, updated oem style tailights, double din pioneer app radio with detailss install kit.

I want to do a forged 6.0 iron block with a 4L80 with a little spray and a lot of boost.

I plan on doing a full respray in aqua metallic paint from these same years. Not a color for everybody but this truck and that color holds a lot of sentimental value. I may end up doing a two tone with green on top/black bottom with silver pinstripe separating the two. But first I'm shaving both handles, stake pockets in the bed, reversing the fuel door, tail gate handle flip kit, shaving the light on top of the cabin.

The vette pictured is my canyon carver/autocross/Sunday driver.
Where did you find the step shaved kit??? I thought all these were discontinued, I was going to just get a really good body guy to shave my step.