Figured it out...finally

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LILJOEPEELZ05

Reaction score
My 1994 c1500 has been a pain in the ass for the last two months. Died on me at a pharmacy. I listened and didn’t hear the fuel pump running, so I put in a fuel pump relay. Nothing. Ok must be fuel pump. Replaced sending unit and pump. Nothing. Fuel filter. Starting running but then shut off after 20 min. Then replaced coil, then ignition module, then oil pressure sensor, then coolant temp sensor and another ignition module because...I don’t know because. Started and ran great. Started to work early one morning and stopped at store, left it running while I ran inside. I was almost to work, less than 100yards, and it quit. Same thing. Gave in and had it towed to a local mechanic. Found that the little white wire that connects to the tachometer was rubbing on some metal when the motor warmed up. Thusly grounding the entire ignition system. Straightened that out and truck hasn’t missed a beat. Just thought I would share this because I have spent many hours these past months scanning posts for any information to help. Good luck to anyone this might help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk