fender rubbing issue, need to roll fenders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gerardobernal1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im having a very hard time finding someone in the phoenix area that will roll my fenders. I Jst painted the truck and don't want to chip the paint so I want to take it to someone who knows wat they're doin. Any help is welcomed.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
Well it dont matter who does there is always a chance of chipping the paint or wrinkling the fender with that said there are a bunch of how to videos on youtube check em out

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
Gerardo, Devin is right even if you get someone to roll the fenders there is a chance the paint will crack. The process entails using some heat and a fender roller but some have used a bat or even a hammer and slowly working the fender lip until it is out of the way. Got any pics of the wheels and centercaps:)

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score
If you make relief cuts along the lip it makes it a lot easier to do. That's what I did when I did my rear fender lips and it was a piece of cake.

96twodoor is good at rolling fenders too :rotflmao:

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I rolled mine myself. I'm NO bodyman. My paint didn't crack or chip, but it's the original & I wasn't too concerned. But I did use a proper body work hammer & dolly, which I borrowed from a bud. It was an expensive hammer. Big flat surface on one side, pointed on the other. Started from the center of the fender & worked out towards the edges. No kerfs. The first one was not the best as far as being 'pretty' but it was a rear fender, & it didn't really need to be done.
I've gone through roadside vehicle inspections, & because the truck is 'modified', the inspectors have gone over it with a fine tooth comb. Several have checked for front tire clearance by running their hands along the inner edge of the fender opening. No complaints from them about the fenders, & one guy complimented the rolling job!

DO NOT use the 'Eastwood' fender roller! I've heard several horror stories of the damage they can cause, & actually seen the damage caused to one vehicle from that thing. The owner ended up buying a new fender. Usually 'Eastwood' tools are very good, but not the fender roller. The damage could have been caused by a person not knowing what they were doing with it, but I wouldn't take that chance.

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
DO NOT use the 'Eastwood' fender roller! I've heard several horror stories of the damage they can cause, & actually seen the damage caused to one vehicle from that thing. The owner ended up buying a new fender. Usually 'Eastwood' tools are very good, but not the fender roller. The damage could have been caused by a person not knowing what they were doing with it, but I wouldn't take that chance.

Uh oh what have you heard? I bought one of those and was planning to roll my fenders when i do my 5/8 drop as my fenders are just trimmed slightly now. Now im scared to use the eastwood!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Well, it could be because people don't use them properly. I guess people get too ham-****** and try to do the whole rolling job in one shot. Ends up warping fenders.
There is a local guy here advertising an Eastwood Fender Roller for rent on craigslist & he's constantly being flamed by former renters of the tool. One guy's trying to sue him for the cost of the bodywork to repair the damage that HE did to his own vehicle.
I have seen one job that is just a mess from this tool.
But Eastwood still sells 'em, and for the amount of 'em that they've sold, they must work if used right. So who knows? I wouldn't chance it. But that's me.

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
Well, it could be because people don't use them properly. I guess people get too ham-****** and try to do the whole rolling job in one shot. Ends up warping fenders.
There is a local guy here advertising an Eastwood Fender Roller for rent on craigslist & he's constantly being flamed by former renters of the tool. One guy's trying to sue him for the cost of the bodywork to repair the damage that HE did to his own vehicle.
I have seen one job that is just a mess from this tool.
But Eastwood still sells 'em, and for the amount of 'em that they've sold, they must work if used right. So who knows? I wouldn't chance it. But that's me.

Hmm.. Maybe ill practise on a junker first and do little bits at a time before i take it to my truck just to see how it is

gerardobernal1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
pics will be up tonight of the wheels jmig! thanks again they look great on the truck!