FEELER 1998 ECSB Z71 Chevy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6d8muscle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I have been kicking around selling my truck to get a four door. My son is getting bigger and a crew cab makes sence right now. So just a feeler for now to see what kind of feedback I get. A little backround on the truck. I bought it in March of this year from a one owner, non-smoker, new radiator, brakes, compressor, intake fix been done, tranny flush, drivetrain flush, all the typical things have been fixed. I have some of the records but not all. A lot of the work was done at a Chevy dealer. It's a captains chair truck, third door, single CD, bed liner, snap tonneau, 350 auto, push button 4x4, everything works, all the dash lights too, good Michelin tires, with the factory alum wheels, Z71, tow package, always had synthetic oil, It doesn't smoke, doesn't use oil, and the tranny fluid is nice and red and smells fine. It does have a couple of fixable dents on the drivers side. I had a PDR guy give me an estimate on it. The passenger side door has some rust starting on the pinch weld. I was going to put a salvage door on it in the same color to not have to repaint. I bought a brand new Keystone front bumper, Classic parts rub strip and bumper guards, that I have not put on yet. The original bumper has a quarter size ping in it and the rub strip is scuffed. I have a comp/temp mirror not installed yet and a Homelink not installed yet. It's real clean other than those minor things. It's Pewter with light gray interior. No holes or rips. Original mats still in good shape. Just turned 160,000 miles. With the extras and all that I was thinking $5600.00 It's really a nice truck. What do you guys think? PM me with any questions Thanks for the feedback.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
I gave $6,400 for mine with 121,000 miles a few years ago in next to mint condition, completely stock, just for reference. :)

Price sounds decent to me- I'd pay more for a good, solid truck every day of the week.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Sounds reasonable, depending on your location.

If I were coming to look at it though I would expect to haggle the price down a bit. Kinda SOP when buying used private sale vehicles. I would likely be looking to get out the door in the 4500-5000 range, depending on how the truck shows in person.

From your description and avatar pic it looks like a good, decent average daily driver. Those kind of buyers aren't looking to spend a lot of cash in the first place. They're just looking for affordable/reliable transport.

Or you could get lucky and some "younger" gent might be a "just gotta have it" buyer and will pay your asking price with minimal haggle.

I say put it up at your price if you're serious about selling it and let it go if you get what you need out of it...

6d8muscle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds reasonable, depending on your location.

If I were coming to look at it though I would expect to haggle the price down a bit. Kinda SOP when buying used private sale vehicles. I would likely be looking to get out the door in the 4500-5000 range, depending on how the truck shows in person.

From your description and avatar pic it looks like a good, decent average daily driver. Those kind of buyers aren't looking to spend a lot of cash in the first place. They're just looking for affordable/reliable transport.

Or you could get lucky and some "younger" gent might be a "just gotta have it" buyer and will pay your asking price with minimal haggle.

I say put it up at your price if you're serious about selling it and let it go if you get what you need out of it...

I thought about going a little higher but I don't want to over price it either. I'm in the St. Louis area. The truck in my avatar was my 97 GMC. I sold it to my dad and he just traded it for an Avalanche. It only had 70,000 on it. Kind of made me sad. I liked it. You're right a "younger" person might really want it. Especially where I live, kind of rural.