fast taurus fan question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

riot936

Reaction score
Literally getting ready to wire my fan and I cant get a fan switch from any part houses locallyy soooooo there is a temp switch by the thermostat housing with 2 wires can I splice into that and have it control high/low operations of the fan?

riot936

Reaction score
It wont let me pull up that page. Ok a sensor so does that mean I could pull my high or low side from there?

narizon

Reaction score
Hey riot936,that's the cts & no you wont be able to use it for fan control,the cts only has one purpose & it's a good one.There are few types/ways you can wire the fans to work properly.Many opt for the easy kit you can get at most auto parts which is a basically a probe you place/install near the radiator & set the desired temp that the fans come on.This system seams to work well with some,I personally have never tried it.There are also some pricey kits you can get but it basically boils down to how much cash you want to spend.You also need to use a switch that works with the thermostat that's in use (192* or 180*),they need work together.You also will need a good charging system and don't cheap out on the wires.
I personally use and recommend a thermostat sending unit threaded into the 3/8" port on pass side head between the middle plugs. Local parts stores will not carry these unless you opt for a BMW switch & mod it.The Taurus fan should be a 2 speed & flows CFM plenty well at both speeds.I would wire in low speed to the switch & high to AC green wire.I would also recommend you mod the Taurus fan to the OEM fan shroud.This will cool the hot block much quicker.
Iv'e had a Mark8 efan for over 3 years this way & never a problem. Mark8's are also two speed,but not low & high they are high and high which do use some juice to turn them but nothing that a properly working charging system cant handle. I use a Summit 890017 fan switch along with a 180 thermostat.I also drilled a 1/8" hole in the t-stat.
Google e fans & you should get many wiring options.I searched for some time & opted to wire it my way.The HD way.Total cost was around $100 give or take a few bucks.

Good luck,
Juan Carlos

This is my wiring system.I also used Diodes which are not in this pic.
You must be registered for see images attach

Switch location in pass side head

Actual install

Last edited:

riot936

Reaction score
Whats the part # for the switch? What do I mod on the switch? I just ordered a switch from a porsche 900 and am going to build a insert that to go in the upper hose. Alot of guys over on pirate 4x4 use. Similar to this.....

This the schematic im following without the led's also ill have a manual override switch...