Fan Removal on 95 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LILMAN

Reaction score
I'm replacing my water pump and cannot get the fan off. I've read a few threads saying just put a crecent wrench on the shaft and give the fan a whack but I have a round shaft on the rear of the fan. I tried vice grips and they spun around with the fan. Any other suggestions?? I'm in the middle of changing it now before it's supposed to snow toniite so the faster the responses the better. TIA

OR can I just remove the 4 botls on the clutch assembly and take the whole fan off?

LILMAN

Reaction score
I got the fan off with the 4 bolts.

After taking off the old pump I noticed the new pump doesn't have the studs like the old one does. Do I get new studs, punch out the studs n the old pump or is there a pump that comes with the studs already?

Here's a pic to show you what I'm looking at.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:
Reaction score
New one should of came with some... but like badazzbulldog said, just use the old ones.. try to grab as close to the bottom against the plate if usen vise grips tho, try not to fudge up the threads... Good luck with it man.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I alway's use two of the nut's that hold the fan on, thread both nut's on the stud tighten them against each other, then use the wrench on the nut closer to the fan flange, they come right out and no damage to the thread's.

Reaction score
I alway's use two of the nut's that hold the fan on, thread both nut's on the stud tighten them against each other, then use the wrench on the nut closer to the fan flange, they come right out and no damage to the thread's.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^BEST WAY^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^lol...

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ohhhhhh thought we were tlaking the big ******* in the middle that holds everything onto the water pump..... yeah do the two nuts thing