Factory body lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Purplestaff

Reaction score
What is the factory body lift size? I thought it was included with the Z71 package but I'm not sure if there even is a factory body lift lol

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
I believe the Z-71 option was Bilstein shocks and skid plates. I am not aware that they had any sort of body lift.

But I am certainly no expert in the Z-71 option!

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I believe the Z-71 option was Bilstein shocks and skid plates. I am not aware that they had any sort of body lift.

But I am certainly no expert in the Z-71 option!
You forgot the bedside stickers. :D

But yeah, no body lift. Just the same body mount bushings a regular truck gets.

Richard

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a Z71 and can confirm no body lift, or lift of any kind really. It was just a skid plate, Bilstein shocks and of course, those cool stickers.

Any factory shocks are shot by now anyway, and you can get the skid plate at a pick and pull for next to nothing. If I were shopping for one again just finding one with low miles, the right engine/trans/4x4 combo and working AC are all that I would care about anymore.

89obsSB

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a Z71 and can confirm no body lift, or lift of any kind really. It was just a skid plate, Bilstein shocks and of course, those cool stickers.

Any factory shocks are shot by now anyway, and you can get the skid plate at a pick and pull for next to nothing. If I were shopping for one again just finding one with low miles, the right engine/trans/4x4 combo and working AC are all that I would care about anymore.
No body lift of any factory z71 I’ve ever worked on. Now on the newer like 07 up 2500 trucks have either taller body mounts or it’s just the way the body’s are made. Only reason I say that is changing oil pressure switch is much easier on the 2500 trucks. A lot more room to get your arms behind the intake.

gearheadE30

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No body lift of any factory z71 I’ve ever worked on. Now on the newer like 07 up 2500 trucks have either taller body mounts or it’s just the way the body’s are made. Only reason I say that is changing oil pressure switch is much easier on the 2500 trucks. A lot more room to get your arms behind the intake.
GMT800 2500s are this way as well, at least if they have the Allison transmission. My understanding is it's mostly to get the transmission to fit under the floor without a different floor pan stamping.