F*** Mice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chubbusket

Reaction score
Just wanted to start a pointless thread to say that I don't like mice doing their own custom interior work. And the chewed wires were a great touch. I'm amazed nothing started a fire with all of the now unshielded wires touching. It has taken me far too much time to clean out their bodily fluids and excrement from everything. Thank goodness for respirators and power washers. PSA - if the inside of the truck you want to buy smells like mouse it is probably way worse than you think...
You must be registered for see images attach

spf1268

The Dude Abides..
Reaction score
When we were looking for the new wifey-mobile a few years back, I popped the hood of a 'Certified Pre-Owned' Acura to find this rat mess. Apparently they love to chew on the wiring of these newer Japanese cars?

Needless to say we did not purchase this POS

Attachments

• Fresh Acura Rat Pee Poo.jpg
    Fresh Acura Rat Pee Poo.jpg
    495.6 KB · Views: 29

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
When we were looking for the new wifey-mobile a few years back, I popped the hood of a 'Certified Pre-Owned' Acura to find this rat mess. Apparently they love to chew on the wiring of these newer Japanese cars?

Needless to say we did not purchase this POS

I believe they were using a soy derived wire insulation.... it's what I've seen mentioned online any way.

Last edited:

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I beleive they were using a soy derived wire insulation.... it's it's what I've seen mentioned online any way.
It was all the rage for a while; lots of brands suffered this crap, seemingly in varying stages of adoption. I recently spotted a really clean-appearing BMW 740 at the impound lot, it had sat there long enough it was going to auction. I seriously considered trying to bid and do an LS swap. The downfall of most of those older BMW's with the V8 is engine failure due to the Nikasil situation; it's covered under warranty but only under some very strict guidelines (service schedule strictly adhered to plus dealership diagnostics must be done to prove caue of engine failure.) Then I heard a good number of the older Euro cars also had the soy wiring insulation issue.. and said to myself, "Self, that's a much bigger rats nest than you wanna own." :D

Richard

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
FYI, a quarter cup of flour and a quarter cup of baking soda mixed together and placed in a paper plate or whatever in the location where most of their pee/poop is, will kill them off if you have a day or two to spare. Rodents are unable to burp or fart. Flour tastes yummy to them. Baking soda causes gas. You know where this is going...

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I had a mouse motel truck years ago. It was an 89 Jeep Comanche 2wd, in decent shape, in the late 90's. It had been sitting out in the woods for awhile. I bought one of those plastic snap traps, and would sometimes get mutliple mice in a day. I'd think they were all gone, and leave food on my seat, and come back after work and find it nibbled on. It took awhile before they were finally all gone. They were some really well traveled mice. 100 mile round trip!

My dad has great success with one of those DIY bucket traps in his shed..... even unbaited he's caught lots of mice.

chubbusket

Reaction score
FYI, a quarter cup of flour and a quarter cup of baking soda mixed together and placed in a paper plate or whatever in the location where most of their pee/poop is, will kill them off if you have a day or two to spare. Rodents are unable to burp or fart. Flour tastes yummy to them. Baking soda causes gas. You know where this is going...
I will keep that in mind if the rodents try getting back in the truck again. I have a feeling this truck sat a long time in the woods before I bought it which is when the mice moved in. I found an old license plate in the truck that expired in 2007 and the truck only has 122,000 miles on it. Thankfully, I have a car port where I can park it.

I went through the whole wiring harness and had to fix a fair number of chewed wires. At least they didn't have soy shielding or I would just have had to replace the whole thing.

I'm hoping to put the whole mouse thing behind me but I will probably leave a couple of loaded snap traps in it because I don't want to have to do this again.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve got 2 Atv’s that winter in a portable shelter. Will be setting up the usual traps and poison but I just bought 2 of these I’m gonna try.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Easy clean-up anyway!