Extra battery tray

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
I want to add the second tray sometime to my '89...I'm prob going to eliminate the charcoal canister since it isnt even hooked up to the tbi anyway...i will prob use the space where the canister goes onto the tray to mount my drivers side ballast.

Powered by Detroit Diesel

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
My 97 K1500 has the battery tray there with the charcoal canister on the side. But I would rather have the storage box to mount in mine.
If you find one in the parts yard, it fits in place of the tray. One bolt on the fender side and some clips on the inside.

I want to add the second tray sometime to my '89...I'm prob going to eliminate the charcoal canister since it isnt even hooked up to the tbi anyway...i will prob use the space where the canister goes onto the tray to mount my drivers side ballast.
I HAD a metal driver's side tray for my truck, never installed it and sold it. The 88-95 metal trays are much harder to find. All the 96+ trucks have the battery tray, unless optioned for the toolbox. I picked up all the parts to install the 96+ toolbox and washer tank, except for one key piece I didn't know about..... The inner fender. it's slightly different.

If you want to easily find a second battery tray (that is plastic and will never rust out), add the toolbox, or move the washer fluid tank, get the 96 style. I installed the toolbox and a second washer tank. I'm using the second washer tank with a set of GMT800 wiper mounted squirters on the arms (so now I have 5 squirters and 2-gallons of fluid)

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
If you find one in the parts yard, it fits in place of the tray. One bolt on the fender side and some clips on the inside.

I HAD a metal driver's side tray for my truck, never installed it and sold it. The 88-95 metal trays are much harder to find. All the 96+ trucks have the battery tray, unless optioned for the toolbox. I picked up all the parts to install the 96+ toolbox and washer tank, except for one key piece I didn't know about..... The inner fender. it's slightly different.

If you want to easily find a second battery tray (that is plastic and will never rust out), add the toolbox, or move the washer fluid tank, get the 96 style. I installed the toolbox and a second washer tank. I'm using the second washer tank with a set of GMT800 wiper mounted squirters on the arms (so now I have 5 squirters and 2-gallons of fluid)

You must be registered for see images attach

I will def keep that suggestion in mind considering that I might mount the second battery in the area between the right rear wheel and cab when I build the off road box for my k3500 which will allow me to have the tool box under the hood.