Extended cab window removal.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Diego0123005

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a question, i want to remove the rear passenger windows on my extended cab to re tint the windows. How can i access the screw behind the latch? (Pictures below)
You must be registered for see images attach

BerHntr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Push the roll pin out and then you can access the screw I believe.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yup.... pop the pin.... the pivots/hinge at the body are rivited so just unscrew at glass.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

lowreese26

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is their more than one rubber o ring around the front two screws? I just had my windows tinted and I think they didn’t put them back together right. Because the screws are tight. But the window is loose. And if their is more than one, where can I buy them?

Darkimag22

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the screws are tight but the window is still loose, yes, they lost one or more of the grommets. I had the same thing happen to me this weekend when I was tinting my 98. I just used some orings and was able to make it work. I'd be giving your tinter a call.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

BonestockK1500

LT265/75/R16
Reaction score
How do you roll the pin out ?
I’m looking at it wondering the same. I’m guessing it’s gotta push out the top, I just don’t want to put too much force pushing the wrong direction and break the hinge plastic.

plus my little screws aren’t budging and appear stripped..looking like a qtr window rebuild

Last edited: