Exhaust?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sideburnz

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm building a 99 Tahoe 2dr 2wd in the next few weeks I'll be installing a set of JBA Headers Competition-Ready Headers 6830SJT, 2 Thunderbolt high flow Catalytic Converters, 2 Flow Master Mufflers and a complete 2.5" dual exhaust system. Along with a full ported and polished TB.

Right now my engine is pretty much the stock fuel injection with a Volant Cold Air Intake. (Eventually it will have the marine intake along with an ATI ProCharger.)

What I am wanting to know is with such a free flowing exhaust should I install heated O2 sensors? Should all 4 be heated or just certain ones? If I install heated O2 sensors where should I get the key on power from?

Thank You

Last edited:

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The OE o2 sensors will work fine with that set up. I have shorty headers, gutted cats and old school glass pack mufflers with true duals out the back. No issues with the OE o2 sensors, but I did have to make some o2 simulators for the rear o2 sensors. The flow masters are not a free flowing muffler, so there will be restrictions there. Any muffler that you can not hold up to the light, and see straight through, ( before you install it) has restrictions.