Exhaust Options, cat or no cat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

90W7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can take a video of it tomorrow for ya. (it's on my 13' Silverado, not a gmt 400 but it should sound the same)

On my 2004 I had it turned down under the bed and at certain rpms the drone would make my head explode.. It was literally painful.

On my truck dumped in front of the rear tire it doesn't drone it's just more audible when going from V8 to V4 mode.

Another option also is no mufflers at all. On my 91 ECSB I originally had a Gibson cat back system (single In dual out to the rear bumper) which wasn't loud enough so I just took out the muffler and had it straight piped w/the cat and it sounded awesome. Now if was straight piped and short it might not have sounded good but running all the way back it was perfect.

I'll post the video tomorrow for ya, hopefully the audio does it justice.

Sent from my throttle body injected galaxy note3

1997k1500Calvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Duel 2 inch pipes is a big as you should you with a tbi motor, also h not pipes have been proven better on older style motors.. Then your choice of flow masters I thinking had 40,or 45 on my 88 tbi 350... Sounded great, out of all the exhausts I had on that truck that was best fuel economy_power ratio I got... As far as mufflers I'm a flow Master guy.. Also dynomax are great too and cheaper if it's a budget exhaust..

Live action!!