Exhaust Options, cat or no cat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ProCombat

Reaction score
So I'm rebuilding my exhaust when I install a lift kit on my 94 ecsb.
Currently it's got a catback system with a flowmaster 40 one in two out into 4 inch dual chrome tips. Rest is all stock
I want it to be louder than it is currently, but keep the nice deep growl of the flowmaster.

I am installing new long tube headers into true duals.
I need the advice of people with more experience,

What exactly are my options?
No cats and run duals with an H pipe into two flowmaster 40s.
Or new high flow cats into flowmaster 10? some other muffler?
I'm pretty much set on long tubes and H pipe for the increased flow and deep sound. The rest is all up for debate though.

Anyone that has had similar setups please give me your input!
Thanks.

Last edited:

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
cats because it nasty smelling without and gasses you out in traffic. modern cats are not that restrictive I run a flowmaster high flow cat and like it.

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It was posted on this site on another thread. I can't remember who but I'm think the owner custom made that exhaust. It's sweet and how I would do it on my truck but I already I have a new exhaust.

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That looks just about perfect.

Any specific muffler you would recommend for this setup?

I'm not sure what the owner of that exhaust used but I would use a pair of 2 chambered mufflers like thrush welded or another brand of comparable style.

90W7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a Flowmaster super 10 and have it dumped in front of the Right rear tire.. Sounds awesome. Those 40 series will be more mellow which you might want.. Depending on how loud you want it.

Where are you wanting the exhaust to exit?

ProCombat

Reaction score
40 series is what I have now. It sounds good, but it's really not loud enough for me.

attachment.php

This is what mine looks like now. I like it, but was thinking about just dumping it over the rear axle. I don't want too much drone/vibration in the cab while i'm cruising down the highway though. Do you like yours dumped? Don't happen to have a sound clip video of it?