Esky cluster swap problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cartman372

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I did an Esky gauge cluster swap a few weeks ago, and all my gauges are incorrect. Tachometer, voltage, oil pressure, water temp. I couldn't test fuel level at the time because the sending unit was bad and I know my speedo is off a bit because of the bigger than OEM tires. What can I do to correct my gauges?

I talked to Justin at BB, and a BB tune won't help. So any ideas?

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
When you put the gauge in did you set the gauges to where they should be then put it in with the truck off? If you did then try setting the gauges to where they should be then connecting the cluster with the truck in the on position.

Cartman372

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you put the gauge in did you set the gauges to where they should be then put it in with the truck off? If you did then try setting the gauges to where they should be then connecting the cluster with the truck in the on position.

So you're saying I should have recorded the location of the gauges in the old cluster, then adjusted the new cluster to match?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have several times used my live data scanner and put the needles on where the computer say's they should be, including the speedometer with the help of someone else holding the scanner and reading me off the info. You can leave off the clear lense and mount it in the truck and really get those needles accurate.

Cartman372

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have several times used my live data scanner and put the needles on where the computer say's they should be, including the speedometer with the help of someone else holding the scanner and reading me off the info. You can leave off the clear lense and mount it in the truck and really get those needles accurate.

Well a data scanner is better than what I used, at least I think it would be. I was using my ScanGauge 2 to tell me the RPMs, water temp, oil pressure, etc etc. Do you think it would be good to use my ScanGauge to set everything to what it should be?