erratic fuel gauge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dustin83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So my needle vibrates, I had the fuel gauge rebuilt. Put it in back in the truck, 75 dollars later, and it still vibrates. Let me guess, sending unit right?

Reaction score
mine was the sending unit, actually replaced the pump assembly. Needle started "vibrating" and then the pump took a ****.

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
Mine has been doing that for over a year now. Which is how long I have had my truck. Im sure its been doing that longer tho. It is the sending unit.

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
its the sending unit. its retardedly common. my old truck i just dealt with the gauge being broken for like 3 years until the pump died then replaced it all

dustin83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i had the stealership check it when i had an alignment done. They ran some "tests", told me the instrument cluster needed to be replaced. I guess I'll just have to wait for the fuel pump to **** out.

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
Fuel Pump, I've replaced 2 in my truck and everytime its about to **** it acts like it has Parkinsons