Engine sluggish vibration at acceleration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bricksack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Found the reaon it was showing codes no a ground tab broke re wired it now there gone. But I have that surging still. Checked all wires and plug wires. Swapped 6 and 8 fixed but spit and sputtering and over drive gear idk if its cause its so low rpm vibrates like crazy . Plus the p1345 code is now "confirmed" on the scanner..

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Enginebuilder

Reaction score
P1345 is a cam/crank position sensor mismatch. Which means that your base timing is off. Did you pull the distributor? Rotate it at all? Get a timing light and double check your timing. If the timing mark appears to 'jump' under the timing light, you may have a worn timing chain, a worn gear on the distributor, or a faulty cam position sensor. Further testing will be able to confirm.

What does a vacuum gauge show at idle?

Bricksack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It was the egr pipe I was thinking of. My mistake and had to change out the distributor. To replace. But now have the p1345 code after install . Still stumbels at acceleration

Bricksack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought new dizzy new cao new rotor new module new plugs. Installed all.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I may be wrong, but I've had similar probs when the distributor gear on my '98 had worn teeth to the point that they were as sharp as knives. It had all the probs that you've described. Surging & vibrating at 2000+ rpm, Idle didn't seem right. The occasional cough when mashing the throttle. Loss of power.

Enginebuilder

Reaction score
New distributor comes with new distributor gear.

You are likely one tooth off on the install. Re-stab the distributor and you should be golden.

Bricksack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I dropped in a new one also. Dealer ship said just needed to resrt the timing . Cost me 107 $ unless they have to re adjust it

Bricksack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well was not the timing. Had it reset and still doing it. I just wasted 120 $. I have no clue what the problem is.