engine idle problem NEED HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Problem2420

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
:help:hi guys i have been chasing this problem for a while now but dont seem to knw were the problem is coming from, while my tuck is idleing at a stop or in park the truck likes to shake. i replaced the oxygen sensor and i know its not that, but i lost any ideas, the truck also smells like raw gas. any help please!!!

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well that doesn't sound too low, I would say it sounds like you have a cylinder not firing, either fouled plug, bad wire, cap and rotor, etc.

Problem2420

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well one of my plugs did get aslight burn from my header. maybe i should check the plugs first and see if there is a misfire.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
just start with the wire like you said then try fuel filter, idle air control, throttle position sensor, all of that affects your idle

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
My buddy had the same thing happen to him but on his 1997 Olds Bravada, idled bad and smelled like raw gas inside. And that was AFTER he bought new plugs, wires, cap, rotor.

viper700t

Reaction score
posb mass air flow sensor goin bad..can cause the truck to idle funny because the fuel to air ratio isnt right, also contributing to the raw gas smell

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think they used a MAF in 1990 trucks. I could be wrong but I thought those came later.