Engine Dress Up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vasquezi

Reaction score
Hi,
I see people have posted pics of color matching various plastic pieces (Fan, Fuse Cover, Brake Fluid) has any one tried painting K&N Intake tube to match or the antifreeze over flow container?

Second question what can I do to the pully next to the Alternator, to dress it up?

Engine is a work in progress, Any ideas will be appreciated

Attachments

• 972150_665837876776682_1035374814_n.jpg
    972150_665837876776682_1035374814_n.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 32
  • photo1.JPG
    photo1.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 35
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 31

19trax95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't see how paint would hurt any of them. The pulley I guess you can paint the part that the belt isn't riding on.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yep paint the pulley it's the a/c from wha I can tell, and used to they made a/c compressor chrome rings to dress them up, the area behind the pulley that is.

As for the jugs, yes easy to paint tons do it all the time. Best thing to do is to tape a strip off vertically so you can still see how much fluid is in each at a glance, or just pop the top and look into them.

either that or buy new jugs.

vasquezi

Reaction score
yep paint the pulley it's the a/c from wha I can tell, and used to they made a/c compressor chrome rings to dress them up, the area behind the pulley that is.

As for the jugs, yes easy to paint tons do it all the time. Best thing to do is to tape a strip off vertically so you can still see how much fluid is in each at a glance, or just pop the top and look into them.

either that or buy new jugs.

Thanks for the input would any of these work on truck like ours? http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trk...&_nkw=chrome+ac+compressor&_sacat=0&_from=R40 Im not the most mechanically incline I see some of them say they work on Chevy but wanted to see what you guys thought with the more experience

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
no clue, it could probabaly be made to work but may take more work then it's worth.

do they look like th eone you have? I usually go by that try and find one that looks exactly like mine but in chrome and then get it.