"Emergency" Car Jack for DD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hydengr

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
After getting a flat tire in my Daily Driver (Civic) and wrestling with what literally looked like a "toy" scissor jack with a 12" handle and a puny lug nut wrench alongside I-64 w/ traffic exceeding the posted 70 mph limit; it's blatantly obvious that I need to upgrade my tools.

I'll get a decent lug nut wrench, but can someone steer me towards a reasonable light weight portable floor type jack (or something else)?

Thanks!
Mark

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Watch the Harbor Freight ads for the aluminum racing jack. It works pretty good, isn't all that big when you remove the handle and is light weight. I think I paid $65 for mine.

Hydengr

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks twomanymontes... Will do. Saw some lightweight aluminum racing jacks on E-bay for about the same amount.

BTW, Wish I still had my 85 MC SS. Bought it new... ex got it and the Accord; I kept my truck (and the payments)... One of these days, I'll get a girst gen MC... One of these days...

camoburban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just bought a bottle jack for my traverse. Fits in the side storage compartment. Much quicker and easier than the scissor jack

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Thanks twomanymontes... Will do. Saw some lightweight aluminum racing jacks on E-bay for about the same amount.

BTW, Wish I still had my 85 MC SS. Bought it new... ex got it and the Accord; I kept my truck (and the payments)... One of these days, I'll get a girst gen MC... One of these days...

No problem. And I wish I bought my 86 SS new, but no one would give a high schooler a loan for $15K. But I grabbed mine in 1990 and never let it go. I had a 71, but had to sell it to pay for College