Ebay Shorty Headers Spark Plug Replacment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcoatswo

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have some insight on how to replace the spark plugs after putting on the SS shorty headers from ebay? I put mine in after the install but 2 of them (not sure which two) I had to tighten with channel locks because I couldn't get a ratchet and wrench between the header and the head... I don't like how I had to install them but I needed my truck on the road at the time. Is it easier from the bottom, do I have to unbolt the header to ensure the plugs are tight? Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks,
-Joe

GMstrong

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have shortys on my vortec,i have no problems with any header bolts or any spark plugs,Some spark plugs you can get from under the hood but some youll need to get from under the truck as for some of header bolts I got a open wrench on mine and putted a bar on the end to get extra leverage.I used the stock manifold gaskets that had 186k on em and knock on wood no leaks!

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
boxed end wrench on the rear 2 on both sides, worked fine for me. yop side also not underneath.

cdubb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My spark plug socket has a 6 point spot on the body of it. I put the socket on the plugs and use a wrench to tighten or loosen