Ebay header question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

virus

Reaction score
Hey everybody I have what might be a dumb question. I bought some ebay headers and had a mechanic install them and now my gasket blew out on one side. I want to buy some and try to install them my self. What gaskets should I buy square port or round ports? I don't remember what ports the headers had. If anyone can help me I would appreciate it. I looked at a pic on ebay and they look round.

454/4X4

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Were they hedman headers? If so..you might have to pull them off and have them trued up at the flange, or possibly use a copper gasket..

Seems like everyone i know that has used Hedman headers, with a common standard gasket, has ended up with ongoing blowouts...

smithspdrcr

Reaction score
Hey Virus, you could try an old trick I use on all my Headers. Cut the flange in between the ports on both sides of the center port. Where each port tube is separate. That way when you tighten the bolts up the flange will tighten up flush and not be held up if they are warped. Also copper gaskets help alot. Hope it helps