e fans really worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tinbender59

I AM JUST PLUM CRAZY
Reaction score
I did the tarus thing, mounted it to my stock shroud, works way Cool!! "Pun intended" LOL I will get a picture of it and post it here tomorrow. as for controlling it I will be using the '411 to handle the temp control. I am installing an LT1 in my 1997 z71 at present, and can't run a mechanical fan

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
stock motor in the northeast = no

ok? explain plz? too cold? too humid? what?

I really would and am considering one, mine hardly gets up to temp. I have a mech. gauge in the head and the thing usually reads under 180, not sure on the t-stat temp. though.

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Northeast never gets much above 100 degrees F and the rest of the year is pretty low temp outside. If you live in arizona or texas and sit in traffic all day and routinely overheat then I would consider it. The factory engineers the clutch fans to work in 99% of conditions you will experience. Save your money or spend it on something else. Take the $250 for the fan and put it in the gas tank.

Reaction score
wow its like the less i say , the more response i get lol. ill remember that later lol. appreciate the feedback guys but mikes got a good point.my only concern was if the fans lower due to the body lift does that hold any bearing. but im gonna need the gas money with that 89 tune

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
man we get 90's and 80's here but it's high humidity and brings temps up to the triple digits every summer. It was 75 here today.

That's why I thought about doing them on mine though, not to cool it cuz it's not cooling, but to let it war up because it seems to over cool, or at least keeps it constant. Plus it cleans things up underhood, that's about it. I wouldn't trust them to cool better then a clutch or flex fan though as you said.

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Northeast never gets much above 100 degrees F and the rest of the year is pretty low temp outside. If you live in arizona or texas and sit in traffic all day and routinely overheat then I would consider it. The factory engineers the clutch fans to work in 99% of conditions you will experience. Save your money or spend it on something else. Take the $250 for the fan and put it in the gas tank.

I'm not aware of any of the members here who have upgraded to an efan to stop an overheating problem. It's usually to try to gain some performance, MPG, reduce wear on the waterpump, etc.

wow its like the less i say , the more response i get lol. ill remember that later lol. appreciate the feedback guys but mikes got a good point.my only concern was if the fans lower due to the body lift does that hold any bearing. but im gonna need the gas money with that 89 tune

Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't an Efan be mounted to the radiator or the stock shroud and not the the engine which means it would be un affected by (ie move with) the body lift? I could be missing something though...